Supply Chain Manager - Malta
1. This position is accountable for all the Supply Chain system that includes the management of logistics including shipment, customs, warehousing, purchasing and planning of materials.
2. Supply chain manager is responsible for directing or conducting negotiation of purchasing contracts for raw materials and other operating supplies from outside suppliers at least cost, consistent in quality standards and specifications to support the manufacturing operations and managing inventory for the company operations.
3. Supply chain manager is responsible for the warehouse management and to ensure that every material is stored adequately and in line with company policies.
4. The incumbent establishes procedures, controls and must have the ultimate goal to continually develop and implement plans to reduce logistics and purchasing costs and to provide alternate solutions for key commodities.
5. The Supply Chain manager must actively participate in the realization of the manufacturing budget preparation.
6. The primary trust of the Supply Chain Manager is to locate appropriate sources of supply, visit supplier/ plants to ensure that quality products are obtained at least cost and to coordinate all the logistics aspect and warehousing activities for the company.
7. The Supply Chain Manager is accountable for the planning of raw materials and supply to production by using the appropriate tools and software provided by the company.
- Negotiate prices, credit terms, discounts and delivery arrangements with a view of purchasing at lowest cost consistent with quality standards and delivery requirements.
- Negotiate with suppliers to resolve problems on price, deliveries or specifications.
- To evaluate and compute the costing of all purchases of raw materials and services contracted by the company.
- To compare actual purchasing prices against budgeted prices and establish price/freight variance reports.
- Review vendor compliance delivery schedule and report quality and follow up on orders to ensure requirements are met.
- Arrange for disposal of scrap and obsolete material.
- Assist in the establishment of standard costs.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of computer programs as related to purchasing and inventory control management.
- Assure that the purchasing, quality and EHS procedures are being followed.
- Maintain a safe workplace for people in the plant, especially in Warehouse and Supply Chain offices
- Dealing consignment agreements where necessary.
- Monitor inventory stocks and report aged/slow moving/hold stocks to management.
- Inventory Control – (analysis of results, identify potential impact, propose mitigation plans).
- Be the front person when dealing with customs and related matters.
- Ensuring materials planning is in line with manufacturing work orders.
- Coordinating planning as necessary to ensure Sales orders are met in a timely manner.
- Following on all procedures related to freight and warehousing activities.
- To delegate activities to Supply Chain employees as necessary to ensure smooth workflow in the department and plant.
- Responsible for the department budget.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Tertiary level of Education or a minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
- Experience in supply chain management with a proven track record. Possibly other experience in a similar role within a manufacturing company.
- Should have a very good knowledge of supply chain.
- Shows maturity.
- Able to shoulder responsibility and deal with issues.
- Shows leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Should work as part of a team & enhance teamwork spirit.
- A good level of oral and written skills in English Language.
- Have good communication skills and troubleshooting initiatives.
Cv’s to be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org